Head of Trust and Safety
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partnersto the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
Are you an experienced innovator in the trust and safety space looking for your next challenge? Do you have a passion for fairness and interest in refereeing the future of digital competition? Skillz is looking for a Head of Trust and Safety, joining our Customer Advocacy team to bolster our commitment to a safe and accessible gaming experience for all. If upholding the integrity of online sports sounds like an exciting objective and you have the skillz to help define the future of competition, let us know!
- Company thought leader for on trust, safety, risk, and payment best practices as related to competitive online gaming
- Develop a best-in-class global team capable of mitigating threats to the Skillz ecosystem 24/7 across all vectors
- Enforce the Skillz Terms of Service and ensure a fair experience for all players
- Create, monitor, and improve KPIs around fraud, payments and cheat prevention
- Act as a cross departmental expert and spokesperson for trust and safety concerns, delivering updates directly to the executive team
- Drive the company’s long term plan for fair competition, ensuring our players’ continued trust in a constantly shifting digital landscape
- 10+ years of work experience in trust and safety
- 6+ years of management across multiple sites
- Demonstrated passion for fairness and consumer protection, with a continuous improvement mentality
- Quantitative and data-driven, able to draw insights from data while making strong intuitive decisions when data is imperfect or unattainable
- Strong communicator and storyteller, driving alignment by breaking down complex regulations into actionable pieces
- Proven track record for hiring and managing highly performant trust and safety teams
- Ability to build structure & process in a rapid-growth environment
- Degree in law, public policy, finance or other similar field preferred
- Banking, gaming, and tech startup experience a plus