Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- As a part of a global internal audit team and working closely with out-sourced team(s), develop next generation audit practices to maintain a best-in-class global internal audit function
- Responsible for supporting Coinbase’s internal audit plan through the execution of operational and compliance related audits from beginning to end. Key activities include audit planning, stakeholder management, fieldwork execution, reporting and validation of remediated audit findings
- Lead regulatory compliance audits, demonstrating a strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements that impact the organization both in the United States and globally.
- Participate in the development of legal entity specific internal audit plans to ensure they are aligned with the global internal audit plan; plans should be designed to address risks identified by the global enterprise risk framework and consistent with global risk definitions and measurements
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on internal audit findings, including validation of remediation activities
- Develop audit reports on the effectiveness of the internal control structure for an executive level audience, ensuring reported findings are appropriately documented and supported by evidence
- Assist in the preparation of internal audit materials for the Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Develop customized and valuable solutions to issues identified during the course of audits performed
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with business unit management across all levels
- Work closely with both first and second lines of defense to maximize meetings utility, testing efficiencies and internal controls review coverage across the organization
- Serve as a value-add and advisory function to business partners by identifying ways to address audit findings or opportunities for enhancements with the goal of mitigating risk and improving financial and operational performance without compromising 3rd Line of Defense independence and objectivity
- Assist with responses to regulatory inquiries as they relate to internal audit matters
- Manage and perform ad-hoc investigations/audits/reviews as required
- Communicate with and educate process owners effectively, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Auditor
- Promote new ideas / innovative means of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements focused on process or technology improvements
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- A BA/BS degree in business, finance, and other related fields
- 8+ years of experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management, Compliance or Management Consulting
- Excellent understanding of an internal control environment
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, risk management practices for the financial services industry
- Relevant industry experience and/or public accounting experience preferred
- Proven project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, with high standards for quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in Google Suite or MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel regionally, at times internationally
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a fast paced organization
- Entrepreneurial attitude and experience with, or the ability to adapt to, a rapidly growing start-up with associated complexities and ambiguities
- Experience working with/in an out-sourced or co-sourced internal audit function
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.