Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
About the Team and Role
We are looking for a talented, high-achieving individual to join Crunchyroll as an International Business Operations Lead. Today, Crunchyroll operates with a number of regional teams across the globe, each with its own initiatives and projects ranging from marketing partnerships, event activations, customer acquisition campaigns, screenings, television blocks, and new business line experiments. Crunchyroll's growth is fueled by both domestic and ever expanding international efforts.
In this role, you will work with various internal stakeholders, external partners, and 3rd parties to assess strategic initiatives focused around user education, subscriber growth, and revenue generation. You will interface with regional leads, Japanese content partners, and senior leadership on a regular basis. You will be responsible for putting together business proposals, evaluating project KPIs, coordinating amongst stakeholders, and launching cross-region initiatives. This position will report to the GM of International at Crunchyroll.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
- Oversee the launch of key strategic international initiatives such as screenings, media launches, major events, or tactical partnerships
- Developing detailed execution plans for pan-region efforts in Latin America, Oceania and select European markets and thereafter facilitating adoption in each region
- Coordinating with Regional Heads and team leads on campaigns' timing, scope, and KPIs
- Evaluating business proposals from a number of international partners to understand overall cost/benefit and strategic impact, including financial impact
- Coordinate cross region reporting and monthly budget tracking
- Own process and workflow improvement implementation and execution across regions
- Build business cases and projections for new projects and ideas by region to ultimately drive them through to execution and measure & report results and impact
- 5+ years of work experience in the tech / media space, working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a distributed team environment, especially with global stakeholders
- Experience working with external partners, project management, and vendors
- Experience with financial modeling, pitch decks, and business plan drafting
- Strong understanding of digital landscape and media partnerships
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and relationship building skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to travel internationally once a quarter
- Knowledge of anime industry a strong plus
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Support program for new parents
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.