IT Engineering Manager at Cisco Meraki
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.
We are looking for an IT Engineering Manager to help build and mature our Corporate Engineering program, emphasizing strategic initiatives and operational capabilities. In this role, you will work closely with Digital Workplace (IT) leadership to set strategy, and drive development, compliance, automation, and maturity of our internal systems, corporate network, identity, and our Corporate Engineering infrastructure. This role is very cross-functional working with Security, Engineering, Product, Sales, Cisco IT and includes occasional meetings with our customers to share how we are using Meraki at Meraki. As part of this role, you will also work closely with our product engineering teams to test, provide feedback and design the next generation of Meraki products.
Our vision for this role includes a great deal of partnership with our product teams, making this an excellent opportunity for an established Engineering Manager to apply their skills into not only building and leading a Corporate Engineering team, but to bringing that knowledge to the next generation of Meraki Product. As the leader of our IT Engineering team, you and your team are the voice of the customer - making IT easier, faster, and smarter starts with you.A typical week may look like:
- Collaborate with internal partners to understand their immediate and long term needs and driving engineering projects to solve for the long term.
- Meeting with product teams in the development of new products, providing feedback on new ideas and testing in production scenarios - balancing the uptime needs of a corporate network and product testing.
- Working with our security team to automate our infrastructure and provide centralized tools for employees to use.
- Optimize management, configuration, integration and availability of existing information technology systems and infrastructure.
- Ensure our Network and data is safe, integrated and readily available across all of our systems.
- Mentoring your team - providing guidance and feedback on a complex network, infrastructure, and architectural design.
- Leverage the relationships, experience, and tools available to us via Cisco IT to achieve Meraki targeted business outcomes.
- Meet with a customer (or Cisco business unit) on behalf of Meraki, sharing how we use our products.
- Prioritize resources, programs, projects, goals, and tasks
- Manage a high-performing, globally distributed team.
- An experienced leader responsible for developing and supporting networking, cloud infrastructure and internal software development.
- Strong background in corporate engineering, with experience as both a technical mentor and manager.
- Forward-thinking strategist with proven experience driving organizational change as a result.
- Experience with modern PaaS and SaaS tools.
- Experience working in a compliant environment.
- Ability to manage the output and career development of a high performing, globally distributed team.
- Embraces the vision of a successful Corporate Engineering team being a strategic advantage for an organization, providing critical support to both productivity and the business.
- Experience working with Meraki products
- Exposure to the intersection between corporate and production tools/environments/infrastructure at scale
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we don’t just accept difference – it’s one of our key values. "Everybody In" means we listen to each other’s opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.