IT Infrastructure Engineer at Gusto
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto is building from the ground up a robust infra-as-code environment for Corporate IT. We are looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer to join our team to focus on the engineering and architecture of Gusto’s Corporate IT infrastructure platforms including both on-prem and cloud-based services. Beginning with today’s on-prem environment, you will play a key role in developing and implementing modern best practices for Gusto’s IT infrastructure. You will have a passion for innovation and creative problem solving, as well as be adaptable to the ever-changing landscape of infrastructure environments.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
This is an experienced engineering role supporting Gusto’s IT data centers, cloud infrastructure, virtualization services, and databases. Responsibilities include:
- Manage a hybrid-cloud IT infrastructure
- Develop infrastructure-facing workflow automation
- Help define cloud governance over IT engineering
- Operate cloud using infra-as-code best practices
- Migrate IT on-prem services to cloud
- Create workflows for cloud resource deployments
- Ensure infra environment is scalable and highly available
- Focus on infrastructure design, implementation, performance, and scalability
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience with Go or Python in a DevOps environment
- 3+ years experience with AWS, including design, migration, implementation and maintenance of complex environments.
- Strong automation programming skills including a track record of implementing highly reliable software
- Strong knowledge and implementation history of orchestration tools and configuration management systems
- Prior experience with Container orchestration platforms (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, EKS)
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible or Salt
- Experience in orchestration tools like Terraform
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.