Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
The IT Team at Credit Karma is looking for a hands on IT Manager to lead our IT Support and Corporate Client Engineering teams. You’ll help us to find ways to scale, automate, and increase productivity by implementing technical solutions and streamlining processes.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Drive decision-making and strategic planning around projects, initiatives, and tools
- Manage a customer focused organization--including hiring, developing, and mentoring the IT Support and Client Engineers, while developing and refining operational metrics to measure customer satisfaction and trends and to identify areas of improvement
- Work closely with Finance and Procurement to plan and manage our IT budgets for hardware and software
- Partner with our security and compliance teams to improve our security posture and practices
- Develop positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors/partners
- Understand evolving business needs across the organization to develop IT solutions that drive efficiency, scale, or innovate the experience for IT customers
- Tracks industry trends and technology, conducts research, and maintains a knowledge base of new technologies to provide strategic direction to the organization and efficient solutions for new and existing use cases
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience managing IT teams and services, preferably in a fast-paced and regulated environment
- Experience working in a multi-platform environment (Mac, Win, Chrome OS) and with cloud based software solutions (G Suite, JIRA, Slack, Okta, JAMF, BigFix)
- An accomplished individual contributor who still loves crafting, building, and implementing technical solutions when needed
- Experience managing operations and project delivery, plus a demonstrated financial acumen; ability to set and manage to a budget
- An empathetic leader who excels at working with others and enjoys coaching and mentoring people
- An intrinsically motivated individual who is able to execute independently while thriving in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.