IT Senior Manager, Internal Audit at DoorDash
At Doordash, Internal Audit aims to provide independent assurance that Doordash’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. We are a small team that is looking to expand and bring on motivated and skilled risk focused professionals on the team. We don’t think of ourselves as a typical audit function - we are obsessively focused on risks to the organizations which reflects in the kind of projects we support and execute.
Doordash is rapidly growing - we are expanding in multiple geos and launching new products. This exciting growth constantly presents us with new challenges but also gives us the opportunities to get creative in problem solving! We collaborate very closely with various business functions in managing risks to DoorDash. Our focus includes but not limited to financial, operational, regulatory, security and IT.About the Role
DoorDash is looking to hire an IT Audit Senior Manager to join our Internal Audit team to help support the various Internal Audit initiatives. You will help plan and lead several complex and interesting audits and assessments in the operational, financial as well as security space.
Your role will involve a mix of strategic, blue-sky thinking and the ability to simplify and operationalize complex audit initiatives. You can apply your experience and industry know-how to both develop a strong internal control structure and lead with the first principles thinking with always focused on doing the right things first for our stakeholders.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Overall, bring to life DoorDash’s core values of being a leader, doer, learner and a one team mindset.
- You will participate in planning and audit scope development as well as project execution as a critical team member on complex technology - related assessments be it operational or security including but not limited to SOX audits, complex system implementation review, operational audits, etc.
- You will lead the execution of the technical assessments of a project, supervising other team members and providing coaching where requested.
- You will provide reports on the effectiveness of internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and economic values of a control or process.
- You will assess audit findings, gaps including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the firm.
- You will assist technology partners with the development of the Management Action Plan to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the plan.
- You will provide control consulting services to management in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- You will maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- You will assist audit management with management reporting by providing data relevant to technology audit findings.
- You will promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements.
- You have 8+ years relevant IT audit experience with at least 3 years of management experience. Experience in a Big Four preferred but not required.
- You have 6+ years of executing and managing SOX audit.
- You have 6+ years of executing and conducting IT Internal Audits with focus on major project developments, Change management, vulnerability management and/or evaluation of DevOps and Cloud Computing risks.
- You’re action-oriented, stay focused on the goal you want to achieve and also demonstrate agility.
- You’re collaborative and will quickly develop productive and collegial relationships with our important internal stakeholders.
- You have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from an accredited college/university or foreign equivalent. Degree in Information Systems, Finance and/or Accounting degree preferred.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.