Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
IT at Coinbase is a growing team working with all lines of business. We focus on providing the most secure and streamlined experience in our applications and services for Coinbase’s employees and contractors.
If you like helping people and working with technology in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with some of the brightest minds in a burgeoning industry, we want to speak with you!
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Coaching and supporting a small but growing team of tier 1 and 2 agents across multiple offices, focusing on increasing their impact on the company
- Provide escalation support for IT processes, hardware, software, and SaaS tools
- Ensuring policy adherence and providing support for both internal and external compliance audits
- Design, document, train, and support new applications and IT procedures, focusing on increasing efficiency across the enterprise
- Play a proactive role in our IT Operations Agile project sprints
- Taking part in our QA and incident response programs
- Manage our service and procurement vendors
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Experience managing and training IT support team members
- Technical expertise in OSX, iOS, and Chrome OS operating systems
- Admin level knowledge of Jira Service Desk, or similar ticketing system
- Mid-level networking knowledge and troubleshooting ability
- Solid administration experience with Google for Business Suite, Atlassian tools, Okta, Jamf
- Demonstrable troubleshooting methodologies and root cause analysis
- Excellent skills collaborating with folks inside and outside of your team across multiple time zones
- Inclusive, people-focused leadership skills
- Experience managing medium complexity projects from planning to completion
- Experience managing service and procurement vendors
Nice to haves
- Experience running IT in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Experience in a Remote-first IT environment