IT Support Technician at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
We are currently seeking an IT Support Technician to join our Corporate Engineering Team.
- Work with internal clients to identify and resolve issues with their desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and connectivity.
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Work closely with the People and Facilities Teams to onboard new hires, including procurement of equipment as well as account creation and software installation.
- Create, maintain, and support company-wide applications and services.
- 1+ years experience in desktop support.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS X, or Debian-based operating systems such as Ubuntu, and a willingness to learn the others
- Strong experience with Google Workspace and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and pinpoint problems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically in a high-pressure situation.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus.
- Experience with SimpleMDM, Jamf, or MDS end-user management platforms.
- Experience with Python, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems.
- Experience with A/V equipment.
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.