IT Systems Engineer at Brex
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:01 p.m. (PST) on Monday, May 11, 2020
Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As an information technology systems engineer, you will evaluate, architect and built IT systems across the entire company. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in systems at scale, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, with a keen eye towards detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
- Build out infrastructure for global Brex employees to work securely and conveniently.
- Own computer and device management - Mac, Windows, Chrome OS, Linux, iOS, Android.
- Act as subject matter expert on all things IT infrastructure and automation.
- Create compliance policies and provide compliance proof for audits.
- Help with service desk requests as an escalation point.
What We Value:
- Knowledge of SSH, keystores, security certificates, user and password management, SSO Integration and authorization tokens.
- Experience with SAAS - G-Suite, Dropbox, Slack, Jira, etc.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar on providing the best service.A technical mindset, and the willingness and ability to explain technical concepts to those who are less technical.
- Caring about system design and value building things correctly from day one, without cutting corners.
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Experience and drive to learn new things.
What We Value:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Engineers are encouraged to provide input in designing systems towards our long-term vision.
- We'd rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer, instead of 5 average engineers.We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
Read Full Job Description