The Japanese Market Development Manager will be part of Udemy’s Business Development team and support market development and expansion in several key areas for the Japanese market.
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced manager to drive and support efforts accelerating the growth and adoption of Udemy in Japan and establish Udemy as the leading online education marketplace where people would come to sharpen their skills to change their lives through learning. You will be involved in key aspects of the Japanese market: partnerships, operations and other areas as needed. We've experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and this role will be key to scaling our business development and operations moving forward.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a candidate who can successfully partner cross-functionally with a variety of teams within Udemy and Udemy’s partner in Japan, to expand Udemy’s reach and scale Udemy’s operations in Japan. Attention to detail, experience in business development and operations relevant to the Japanese market, strong English and Japanese communication skills, and working in a high growth business environment are a must. Strong candidates should be comfortable working in an evolving environment, analytical, able to connect the dots, and a strong communicator.
This is a full-time position located in our San Francisco office and will include travel to Japan from time to time. This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Be a project manager and be a liaison between Udemy’s internal team and other stakeholders to make sure that the creation, organization, execution and completion of Japan market specific projects are tracked and running smoothly.
- Seek, establish and maintain partner relationships that create significant impacts for Japanese market either via promotional partnership, content partnerships or affiliate marketing.
- Perform operational tasks related to Japanese market as the need arises.
We're excited about you because you have:
- The ability to work in both Japanese and English.
- Proven effectiveness working across functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to create and deliver convincing arguments
- A creative mindset that would produce new ideas regarding partnerships to grow our outreach in Japan.
- Solid knowledge on Salesforce/Asana and willingness to learn new systems
- Analytical in nature with the ability to dissect significant amounts of data and turn into meaningful insights
- Basic SQL knowledge a plus
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description