Live Operations Associate, Caviar for Companies at DoorDash
About The Team
Caviar for Companies (CFC) is changing the way businesses and employees order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Every day our Catering Captains pick up supplies from our Inventory Hubs, then pick up food from restaurant partners and deliver catered meals to thousands of diners at some of the world’s hottest startups and well known brands. Our Logistics and Live-Ops teams sit at the center of our entire Operations organization and are the command center of live operations in the field.
About The Role:
As a LiveOps associate, you will be the first point of contact for Captains, fielding their calls, concerns and questions and providing prompt, personable solutions for any issues that may arise. You’ll ensure the right people in the organization get visibility into the problem and you’ll be the person who provides answers in real-time to ensure hundreds of meals go off without a hitch daily. Our Captains, Restaurant Partners and Inventory Hub managers rely on you to communicate constantly to handle the unpredictable and unexpected challenges that arise in a complex and coordinated operation. Your goal and ours is to ensure Clients are happy and Captains are supported every single day.
To do that, we need you to be willing to go the extra mile, to have an almost obsessive approach to getting the details right, and be an excellent communicator.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Prioritize and respond to multiple rapid-fire text messages, Slack messages, phone calls and emails during live support daily
- Creatively resolve questions, issues and concerns from our employees in the field, restaurant partners and internal account managers in real time
- Learn and use our various communication channels to interact with Captains and Inventory Hubs
- Check problem logs and notes left by people in the organization and ensure they are acted upon for the upcoming days of meal service
- Build strong relationships with our Catering Captains as their primary point of contact
- Become familiar with the flow of business and build on your experience each week to provide faster, more helpful answers to help in real-time
- Complete outstanding tasks assigned to the Support team to ensure better service for the week ahead
- Reach out to Captains to find replacements and ‘fill holes’ in the schedule as they arise
- Recommend product and process improvements where you see areas we can be better
We’re excited about you because you:
- Are available to work Flexible hours, including some weekend shifts
- Crisp, direct and clear in your verbal and written communication
- Action oriented and calm under pressure - you’re great in an emergency, and know how to de-escalate a situation
- Proactive - if you don’t know the answer, you’ll find someone who does. You don’t wait to be told how to solve problems
- A master multi-tasker - you’re able to juggle multiple projects at once
- A stickler for details - you don’t like it when things aren’t finished or resolved
- Excited by constant stimulus - you like fast paced environments where every day brings a new challenge
- A helper by nature - you like to make people happy
- A problem solver - you get a jolt of energy every time you ‘figure out the answer’
- A team player - you’re motivated by working in a team environment to overcome challenges and like interacting with people constantly
- Curious - you like to understand how things work
Bonus point if you’re
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with the aptitude to learn new software quickly
- You have customer support experience
- 1-3 years experience in an operational role, ideally at a startup
- Have exposure to the restaurant or food delivery industry.
- BA/BS degree or higher
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.