Manager, Fire & Life Safety at Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is building a world-class Global Business Protection (GBP) team to identify, manage, and ultimately mitigate all incidents involving the safety, security, and risk to both our colleagues and to the global portfolio of workplaces in which they work.
The business responsibilities of the GBP team include the following: Business Resiliency, Environmental, Health and Safety, People and Workplace Protection, Systems Design and Technology and our Virtual Security Operations Center.
We are now ready to add a remote-working Manager, Fire & Life Safety for the globe. In this role, you will be the leader of these programs for all Unity offices, including third party locations. Additionally, you will work closely with Unity colleagues to ensure that Unity continues to develop the technology and tools necessary to make our creators successful.
In GBP, we are focused on the Unity colleague experience and the nurturing of the unique Unity culture. You will be building a strategy for the future while maintaining the everyday foundation of GBP’s global operations. Your success lies in the ability to “get the big picture” and to proactively work towards meaningful solutions.
- Participate in the development, implementation, validation, and compliance of a comprehensive Global Business Protection program for Unity’s global footprint to include Fire Protection, Fire Suppression, First-Aid, Emergency Action Plans, Emergency Response and Training
- Learn, understand, and incorporate new risk mitigation measures that protects our workplaces at industry leading standards
- Learn, understand, and ensure compliance with country-specific Fire and Life Safety regulations in support of our Global Program
- Educate and train Unity colleagues on how to properly mitigate risk to their specific workplace all the while creating “force multipliers” for GBP
- Ensuring that you always have “a seat at the table” for any workplace-related issues in which GBP can offer its advice, guidance, and expertise in the areas of Fire and Life Safety
- Develop the Global Health & Safety Committees regulations, requirements, guidelines, processes and reporting to adhere to all governmental requirements
- Develop the Global Fire & Life Safety Program, training, equipment and supplies, to include the selection and management of 3rd party vendors
- Experience in any other of the following roles: business continuity, crisis management, due diligence, emergency response, facilities, HR, IT, incident management, operations, risk, safety or security
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a constantly changing but very fun, exciting, and fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with financial planning and analysis of capital expenditure and operational expenditure budgets
- A willingness to work irregular hours and/or to be “on call” on an as-needed in support of 24/7 evolving risk events that could negatively impact our business operations
- The ability to travel up to 60% of the time, internationally
- Someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo with innovative and fresh ideas
- Someone with demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving methodology
- Passionate about building and nurturing a fun, positive, and collaborative culture
- Time management skills, as Unity completely embraces a healthy work/life balance
- Someone who can look back on their time at Unity five years from now and say “I built that!”
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.