Manager, Knowledge Management at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Leading the Knowledge Management team, you will be a key contributor to Affirm’s Process Excellence team that sits within our Operations organization. You will be accountable for a team that is responsible for leading initiatives within the knowledge management space. As part of this you will drive the vision, strategy and growth of operational knowledge by applying engaging and innovative techniques.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and dynamic people leader with deep industry knowledge and champions continuous improvement in internal and external facing knowledge management systems and processes.
- You’re motivated to define knowledge management strategy and are passionate about setting the industry standard
- You can expertly align others to your vision and help them understand the bigger picture
- You have experience up-leveling the end user experience using innovative and cutting edge technologies
- You’re able to develop a deep understanding of business, compliance and regulatory risks and weave this into your work.
- You’re comfortable navigating exciting demands while simultaneously managing multiple projects with varying degrees of priority
What You'll Do:
- Drive the strategic vision of our internal and external Knowledge Management platforms across multiple departments
- Mentor and lead other employees who are supporting knowledge management initiatives
- Identify, classify and track all operational knowledge, including job aids, standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, guides, scripts, email templates, etc.
- Introduce strong frameworks that enable resources and processes to effectively scale with the business
- Engage cross-functional teams to ensure a clear representation of our requirements and practices are documented
- Manage ongoing maintenance of all operational knowledge and drive continuous improvement within the knowledge management space
- Leverage technology to provide realistic references to our website and app, such as emulators and simulators
What We Look For:
- Minimum of 4+ years of dynamic experience within people management or people leadership positions and preferably in the field of knowledge management
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Relevant fields of study may include Business, Communications, Information Science, Journalism, Library Science, or Management AND/OR industry-approved knowledge management certifications as well as proven experience in knowledge management, learning and development, content creation, and/or other relevant areas.
- Passionate about learning and implementing knowledge management methodologies and tools
- Experience with fast-paced environments: you have implemented high-quality solutions quickly and acted autonomously while navigating new and ambiguous business initiatives
- Experience using KM & Documentation platforms such as Salesforce, Confluence, readme, Documentum, etc.
- Experience in a regulated environment within financial services, loan underwriting, credit analysis, customer service, consumer lending, personal banking, or other similar functions preferred, but not required
- Willing to travel (up to 10%)
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.