Manager, Merchant Operations at DoorDash
DoorDash is looking for a Manager of Merchant Operations to define, build, and optimize the strategy and processes for the merchant experience. You’ll work cross-functionally between our product, sales, operations, partner management and analytics team to build the merchant foundation.
Merchants are at the core of our marketplace and we need to deliver them the best in class experience from onboarding to growth. As DoorDash expands both in scale and breadth of offering, the strength of our merchant operations engine and organizational structure must grow with it.
As a Manager of Merchant Operations, you’ll discover and drive performance improvements across the merchant organization and build the foundation for it to scale. This will include developing and executing strategic insights, process redesign, product roadmaps, go-to-market initiatives, and resource allocation. You’ll be responsible for key operational metrics and process improvement from strategy to execution.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Define the strategy for best in class Merchant Operations across all of our markets to improve DoorDash’s delivery quality and our merchants experience on the platform
- Implement – Build and roll-out best practices for merchant operations including onboarding and activations of our merchants
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the impact of merchant operations initiatives on delivery speed/quality and merchant engagement/retention
- Experiment – Run tests with partner restaurants on everything from curbside pickup to optimizing in-store layouts to find new ways to improve our delivery network
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Operations, and Partnerships teams to make sure merchants have the best possible experience when using DoorDash’s services
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Relentless – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 3-6 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.