Manager, Merchant Services
DoorDash is looking for a Merchant Services Manager to define and execute strategic projects that enhance the experience merchants have on our platform. You’ll work with our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to build a delightful experience for our merchants.
Our Merchant Services team lies at the heart and soul of DoorDash, ensuring that we set all of our merchants up for success by providing a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience. As DoorDash grows both in scale and scope of offering, the strength of our merchant services engine must grow with it.
About the Role
As our Merchant Services Manager, reporting to our Senior Merchant Services Manager, you’ll discover and guide performance improvements across the Merchant Services organization and build the foundation for it to grow. This will include developing playbooks to increase the quantity and quality of the merchant services we offer, strategic programs to enhance productivity, process redesign, product roadmap and launches and resource allocation. You will sit at the intersection of our revenue generation engine and our business teams, and as such will require prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure our team is working against the right goals and has the tools needed to achieve them.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.You’re excited about this opportunity because…
- You will strategize – Design projects against the Merchant Services strategy of building a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience that delights merchants
- You will operate – Build projects across process, product and people to move the numbers
- You will experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run process improvement tests
- You will analyze – Build models / process flows to evaluate quantitative and qualitative business cases for process improvement opportunities
- You will help guide – Manage diverse projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering and business operations teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- You are entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are naturally curious – You look for ways to design and improve processes and want to shape the direction of the company
- You are a relationship-builder – You can motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- You are a problem solver – You translate high-level goals into relevant plans
- You have 4+ years of experience in strategy and operations or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup experience is preferred
- You have a proven track record of leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- You are analytical and can bring relevant recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL is strongly preferred
- You have expert communication and interpersonal skills
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.