Manager, Merchant Strategy at DoorDash
On the Merchant Operations team, our mission is to create a cohesive selection strategy, providing excellent content to our customers, and ensure that merchants love working with us from everything in-store to back-end support operations. As a Merchant Strategy Manager, you’ll define the value of merchants to our platform and enabling faster sales cycles through both process and product.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Build the strategy for merchant selection on our platform and best practices for regional teams
- Implement – Drive go to market planning for new DoorDash merchant initiatives to provide value to merchant partners and increase revenues
- Analyze - Build models to define merchant value to the platform, optimize merchant pricing, and forecast revenue
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything from commissary kitchens to finding new sources of merchant revenue
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Sales and Regional teams to achieve revenue goals
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, consistently changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Relentless – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 4+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally, and succeeding in a team environment
- Experience driving revenue through partnerships
- Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions) ; SQL knowledge is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.