Manager, Remote Assistance - Global Markets at Cruise
Manager, Remote Assistance
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Global Markets Organization within Cruise:
The Global Markets team is responsible for safely running world-class operations for Cruise's fleets of autonomous vehicles. Our cross-functional team is composed of operators, engineers, business analysts, program managers, and safety leaders across multiple cities. From driving operating cost savings before our vehicles even hit the factory, to managing the complexities of daily AV operations in order to delight our customers - and everything in between - Global Markets oversees all operations needed to execute our technical and business objectives. Want to help us change the way transportation - and the world - operates? Join us!
About the role:
We are hiring a Manager of Remote Assistance Operations to oversee the operations team that provides vehicular assistance and exemplary customer support before, during, and/or after driverless trips. Candidates should have solid people management experience and strong attention to detail, along with the ability to adapt on the fly to evolving situations. This role will own day to day management of a large team of support advisors and team leads as well as the processes and structure that keep the group efficient, stable, and effective as it rapidly scales.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of multi-level support advisors and team leads to support 24/7 operations
- Establish and drive exceptional standards for support operations to ensure everyone is operating efficiently and safely
- Work with contingent workforce partner to provide high-level strategy and workforce planning
- Project-manage specific, time-bound initiatives successfully
- Foster a healthy, motivated, and collaborative culture while developing internal staff in their professional growth
- Work cross-functionally with many teams across Cruise to refine current tools and metrics, and to accurately gauge efficiencies and success.
- Provide workable and creative solutions to complex processes and bottlenecks
- Delegate effectively to solve current issues so the focus can remain on the long-term vision and scalability.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You have previously directly managed a large team - additionally, experience managing contingent workers is also a plus
- 3+ years experience in real-time operations and people management at a high growth company
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Analytical and data-oriented; can create and use KPIs / dashboards to monitor complex operations
- Ability to identify and execute process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Organized, collaborative, and structured thinker that can navigate different projects, tools, and stakeholders and communicate status, progress, issues, and changes to diverse audiences
- Proven track record of successful collaboration across technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to coach and delegate other leaders so that you can remain strategic rather than tactical
- Experience leading in a rapidly scaling environment
- Availability to work dynamic hours and be on-call for weekends and holidays if needed.
- Excitement for autonomous vehicle technology, and a desire to make it a reality
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.