Manager, Scaled Customer Success at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:08 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 18, 2020
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Customer Success Mission
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers’ success will be the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
Attributes we hire for:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a dynamic leader to support our scaled customer success strategy and manage our team of Customer Success Associates in North America. Reporting to the Global Manager of Scaled Customer Success, you’re a strong Customer Success leader. You love coaching your team to deliver value while acting as an escalation point for customers. You care deeply about your team, understand how to motivate people and love developing people throughout their career. You also have experience working closely with diverse teams and understand the importance of cultural competence in a managerial role.
With the Global Manager of Scaled Customer Success, you will also work collaboratively across the business (Product, Marketing, Finance, Revenue Operations) to drive product adoption, customer advocacy, and especially revenue retention for our North American and LatAm accounts.
You’ll thrive as a Manager of Scaled Customer Success if you are equal parts strategy and execution. You’re excited about developing and delivering one-to-many customer engagement programs, like lifecycle email campaigns, webinars, and training at scale. You'll leverage data and customer feedback to understand our customers’ evolving needs and creatively address them through your programs.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Coach, manage, and expand the team of Customer Success Associates in North America who manage books of business of 500+ accounts each.
- Serve as the point of escalation for customers, hopping on calls to address concerns or assist with strategy.
- Effectively contribute to forecasting and drive high net-revenue retention rates in your segment with thousands of customers to achieve quarterly targets.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales leadership to evolve the cross-functional account expansion strategy in your segment and drive revenue.
- Use quantitative and qualitative analyses to identify opportunities to evolve and segment our customer journey and related lifecycle touchpoints and programming.
- Improve operational efficiency of your segment by surfacing gaps, developing sound process recommendations, and partnering with our Analytics, Operations, and Engineering teams to optimize technology and harness the power of Gainsight, Salesforce & other tools.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer for this segment.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 2+ years of customer program management or 5+ years of customer success experience
- 2+ years leading a team in a similar capacity
- Been accountable to a revenue goal
- Experience with customer journey mapping and customer segmentation
- Experience with designing, implementing, and leading customer programs
- Experience driving cross-functional projects and seeing them through to fruition
- A data-driven approach
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
- The cultural competence to work across and manage a diverse team
- Worked with Gainsight (a plus)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description