Part-Time Remote Care Coordinator (Weekends) at Grand Rounds
| San Francisco | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:25 p.m. (PST) on Monday, October 26, 2020
Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
We’re looking for someone who believes that each and every customer deserves world-class service and goes above and beyond to make sure that service is delivered. Our care coordinators have a demanding job, but the demands are worth the rewards. This is one of those rare opportunities where your work will help save lives, and truly enrich others. Care Coordinators are our most visible representatives of our mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. If you're a highly empathetic and friendly individual, with a strong interest in making a real difference to people, we want to hear from you. Our Care Coordinators are on the front lines of our patient care, and we need your detail oriented self to come and join the mission!
Please note that this role is 100% remote, work from home opportunity. Strong preference will be given to candidates who can commit to working Saturdays as part of their standard schedule.
In Your First 30 Days:
- Onboard with Grand Rounds team and engage in internal learning
- Demonstrate knowledge of proprietary software and other required technology (Google apps, etc)
- Learn to articulate the Grand Rounds Mission and fully understand all of our product offerings
- Immediately make an impact on our members by guiding them through starting a case and delivering a few cases of your own
- Get to know your team members - catch up over lunch, shadow, go to trivia…!
In Your First 60 Days:
- Be readily available on the phone to answer questions, start cases on behalf of members, and assist them with navigating the healthcare system.
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating insurance plan details and customer information provided by Grand Rounds
- Set personal short term and long term goals (>1 year and 2-3 years)
In Your First 90 Days:
- Be a vocal and active contributor during team meetings; we want to hear your perspective!
- Demonstrate an ability to skillfully and effectively collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization
- Delight our customers. You’ll pull out all the stops to deliver a memorable experience (in a “I can’t wait to tell my friends about this fabulous service” way)
- Navigate the challenging and complex health care landscape, and pivot quickly with change
- Research internal resources and external customer benefits to determine the best action to take for the member, and ensure the most accurate information is relayed
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgement to appropriately prioritize your responsibilities
- Be empathetic. You’ll work with members and their families who are going through challenging times. They may be grouchy. They may be in pain. They may be confused. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, be efficient and reassure them that you can help
- Focus and participate in continuous improvement, constantly questioning how and why we do things and suggest alternatives that improve the customer experience, efficiency, etc…
- Ask questions and raise your hand when you need help. Lost time can directly impact lives
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant experience in healthcare or benefits/insurance organization is highly preferred.
- Excellent business writing skills, including accurate spelling and grammar. Not only will you talk to people on the phone, you’ll communicate with patients and doctors in writing as well.
- Excellent verbal skills are essential as you’ll need to explain our services with confidence, speak clearly, confidently, and have a friendly phone demeanor
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficiency with technology; experience with a Mac, Google apps, and customer relationship management software a plus
- Ability to independently manage one’s own workload while maintaining quality targets and exceeding member expectations
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve complex situations
- A sense of humor. We work hard. So we like to laugh a lot too.
- Ability to work from a home office
This shift is every Saturday and Sunday. 10 hour shifts (variety of options)
All roles involve a mandatory Monday-Friday training 8am-5pm EST or 8am-5pm PST before starting part-time schedule.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description