Restaurant Retention Associate, Caviar at DoorDash
We’re looking for a Partner Retention Associate to retain our merchants through reactive and proactive efforts. Our merchants are the heart and soul of Caviar at DoorDash. As a Merchant Retention Associate, you will work cross-functionally with the: Restaurant Success, Partnerships, and, Analytics teams as well as additional cross functional partners to support our merchants. This role is best suited for candidates with strong client-service skills who are insights-driven and have the tenacity to solve problems.About the Role
- Build Process - Define the process to escalate, manage and track merchant churn risks.
- Manage and Mitigate Churn Risks - Manage reactive churn risks by understanding merchant needs, negotiating as appropriate, stopping churn and documenting learnings/creative solutions
- Strategize - Identify and document creative solutions to solve merchant churn risks.
- Gather Insights and Reporting - Partner with key points of contact in charge of reporting to document churn risks, reasoning and resolution, and glean learnings/insights.
- Mitigate - Identify trigger points or evidence that precede actual churn risks and determine ways to proactively mitigate churn risks..
- Outreach - Conduct proactive outreach, as necessary to stem churn risks from happening.
- Experiment – Use data and sound business judgement to test and build processes needed to retain merchants.
- Reliable and resilient — able to manage an angry merchant in person, over the phone or through email.
- Problem solver — you can cut through noise to identify the root problem and translate that into actionable solutions.
- Negotiator — you are able to reach an agreement to keep the merchant live without sacrificing Caviar unit economics
- Self-starter — you have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Forward thinking — you’re growth-minded and always thinking of ideas on how to help improve processes.
- Relentless – you roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- Relationship builder — you obsess over our merchant and are able to establish rapport quickly.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.