Faire is using machine learning to revolutionize wholesale and help local retailers thrive in a technology-driven era. We're backed by the top VCs in the world (Sequoia, Khosla, Forerunner, Lightspeed), we're led by an experienced team (Square, Google, Bain), and we're building a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
Faire’s Risk team is seeking a highly motivated Risk Analyst to conduct credit analysis, verify small businesses, and recover funds. As an early member of Risk team at Faire, you will be instrumental in helping build the discipline at a high-growth startup.
- Verify small businesses (retailers) using social media, geolocation data, or by requesting additional information from them as necessary
- Monitor Faire credit exposure by reviewing account balances and assigned credit limits; evaluate creditworthiness of businesses and adjust their limits accordingly
- Contact customers with overdue invoices in order to recover funds; document conversations timely and accurately; perform follow-ups to process accounts receivable
- Motivate customers to resolve debts; apply innovative, creative approaches with both data and empathy in order to solve an age-old problem
- Work with Sales and Support teams to streamline communication, improve efficiencies, and provide a world-class customer experience
- Work cross-functionally with teams such as Data Science, Engineering, and Product in order to drive product edits, new feature releases, and reduce financial exposure
- Contribute towards the implementation of risk management policies, procedures, and tools
- 2+ years of experience in financial services, tech, or related industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with customers in a clear and concise manner, primarily via email and phone
- Strong customer focus and the ability to balance Risk mitigation alongside a positive customer experience; demonstrated ability in conflict-resolution
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and persuasion skills
- Ability to spot patterns from discrete and vague data points (e.g. social media, financial data, Faire transactional data)
- Ability to work with others in a closely collaborative team environment
- Passionate, relentless resourcefulness and the ability to thrive at a fast-paced startup -- you’re willing to do what needs to be done for the success of your team and you are comfortable with change
- Prior experience in Recovery or collections
- Prior experience in Risk, Fraud, or Trust and Safety teams
- Credit (underwriting) skills
- Knowledge of tools like SQL and Excel to drive analytics and reporting
You're excited about us because we offer...
- A small team, world-class engineering talent, mentorship, and career growth
- Competitive compensation + equity
- Perks and benefits (full health and dental plan for you and your family, gym membership, free lunches, drinks, snacks, beer, and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our leadership team is experienced and led the development of one of the top 15 apps in the U.S. app store (Cash App).
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, and provides clear value to both retailers and makers. You will help revolutionize an industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 65,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, Forerunner and Lightspeed; and we were named one of the top 20 YC companies by valuation last year.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.
To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.