Risk Operations Investigator (Fraud Investigations) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a company that underwrites and services loans, we work diligently to detect and prevent fraud, and we're looking for curious and driven professionals to join our team! Our Risk Operations Investigator will play a meaningful role in identifying incoming fraud attacks, providing insight on fraud trends, and handling inquiries relating to our fraud decisioning systems.
What You'll Do
- Regularly review suspicious account activities, diagnose account issues, and identify links to deter fraud attacks
- Work collaboratively with Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Client Success to share fraud trends and provide insight on new fraud behaviors and methods
- Identity areas of opportunity to improve procedures, processes, and tools
- Influence development of new risk models and review procedures to mitigate fraud for new Affirm products
- Contribute to key projects and initiatives as necessary
What We Look For
- Passion, drive and dedication to change consumer banking for the better
- 2-4 years of experience in fraud investigations and/or fraud operations within the tech or fintech industry
- A keen eye for detecting and deterring fraud and risk
- Experience and knowledge of utilizing fraud investigative techniques and practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.