Security Operations Manager at Addepar
The Security Operations (SecOps) Manager is responsible for building, managing and maintaining Addepar’s capability to perform security monitoring, detection, evaluation and response both during regular operations and incident response. This includes the hiring and management of Addepar personnel and the management of Security Operations partnerships and vendors as required. Help us bring Addepar’s SOC to the next level of 24/7/365 global enterprise support with all that entails from a threat management, governance and operations management point of view. Work with SRE, our CISO & Tech Risk organization, our Security Engineering team and all of Addepar to ensure the integrity and availability of our services and our customers’ data.
- Plan and execute hiring, partnership and vendor onboarding to support the SOC
- Oversee Addepar’ SOC functions (Internal resources and partnerships but limited to MSSP relationships)
- Manage the Addepar Security Operations team
- Provide direction for business process, tooling and security architecture design relating to security incident management
- Maintain Addepar Security Incident and Security Operations Training
- Administer security configuration for threat management platforms for a wide array of large-scale environments including security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) and security information and event management (SIEM) tools
- Manage the orchestration and automation of all phases of security activities, from monitoring and detection to containment and recovery
- Remain current on the threat landscape and train that knowledge internally
- Ensure alignment of SOC process and functions with Addepar’s global Information Security Policy & control framework, in partnership with Addepar’s CISO
- Work with vendors to discover and secure partnering opportunities
- Ability to build and work off hours supporting Addepar’s global Security Operations Center.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- 8+ years experience working within and 2+ managing a SOC or NOC team/environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience; CISSP, CEH, CPT, CISM, CISA, CIPP, GIAC, GSEC, and/or GCFW certification is preferred
- Functional certification such as MCSE, CCNA, CNE, CCIE, ServiceNow, and/or Splunk is preferred
- Strong experience in managing incident response (Cybersecurity and/or Operational)
- Experience managing MSSP/MSP partnerships for SOC/NOC functions
- Knowledge of industry adopted frameworks and methodologies (NIST, CIS, MITRE ATT&CK, ISO, PCI-DSS, etc)
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building, mentoring, and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
- Strong verbal, written and whiteboard communications skills
- Experience in Finance or FinServ a plus
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.