Senior Analyst, Security Compliance at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a top tier target on the internet. Security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale worldwide. Essential to scaling is building and running a security compliance program that reflects how we protect the data and assets in our care, to open the doors with customers, regulators, auditors, and other external stakeholders. If you love working with fast moving companies to build security compliance engines from the ground up and create positive change across the business, we’d like to speak with you about joining our team.
Coinbase is looking for a security compliance senior analyst to help drive and implement the security compliance roadmap and collaborate with teams across the company to understand and meet our security requirements.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work cross functionally with Security, IT, Infrastructure, Engineering, Data, and Finance to advise over security best practices and provide guidance on SOC 2, ICFR controls as well as financial services regulatory reporting requirements
- Lead gap assessment over SOC environment for Institutional services, track remediation efforts to completion, and facilitate audit with external auditors
- Conduct effectiveness testing over security controls, identify and analyze process gaps, develop remediation recommendations, and track to completion
- Partner with Resilience team to execute BCP/DR requirements for Custody and Prime Brokerage services
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to educate them and achieve compliance over technology control environment
- Communicate progress, escalations, and issue resolution to management and team stakeholders
- Collaborate with Legal and Security to update company security policies to reflect Institutional requirements
- Implement security requirements to reflect product expansion in to new geographic regions globally
- Coordinate with Engineering partners to learn about services that support our digital asset transactions and document their processes
- Create procedural documentation, including training materials or process documentation
- Build relationships with a broad range of Coinbase employees at all levels to accomplish program objectives and further Coinbase Security GRC goals
- Perform Due Diligence Questionnaires for new and potential Institutional customers
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years of security/IT compliance or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with auditing security frameworks such as SOC 1, SOC 2, SOX, ICFR and/or ISO27001
- Prior experience working closely with auditors and/or external regulators
- Experience leading compliance initiatives from start to finish
- Proven understanding and audit experience of cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to effectively and autonomously accomplish outcomes across cross-functional teams in ambiguous situations with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Focus on precision and accuracy, and the drive to clarify ambiguity
Nice to haves:
- BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience at a big 4 accounting firm
- Security certifications e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM or other relevant certifications
- Experience mapping common controls across multiple frameworks in a GRC tool
- Prior experience automating audit evidence collection
- Financial services experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.