Senior Director, Global Transport Supply at TripActions
As TripActions continues to grow and scale, building and maintaining valuable relationships with our transportation suppliers is paramount to our success. TripActions is seeking someone who can lead the global team responsible for building and maintaining long-term relationships with our ecosystem of global transport suppliers (airlines, rental cars, etc.) This person will influence key transport executives and decision makers and ensure that we have the team and processes to ensure we continue to optimize and enhance our global transport marketplace.
The Global Senior Director of Transport Supply will liaise between suppliers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client and supplier needs. The ideal candidate will have travel experience, within a commercial organization (e.g., sales, marketing, revenue management, etc.) with a strong understanding of content distribution, corporate sales, and online travel agencies / TMCs. Relationship building skills are a must, as is the ability to breakthrough traditional supplier/distributor paradigms to find true value for our travelers.
This key role works with stakeholders across the company in TravelOperations, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, Supplier Strategy, and Finance and will lead a talented and growing global team.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and manage a rapidly growing global transport supply team that is redefining TMC/supply relationships
- Build and own metrics that are tied to overall business goals
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with Transport suppliers to ensure we are empowering their ability and willingness to enhance the value they offer, via discounts, commissions, sales collaboration, and any other initiatives - you will need to be creative!
- Achieve results of strategic initiatives by being a results-oriented, multi-tasker, influencing decisions on strategically important negotiations
- Work with other functional areas (Finance, Product, Marketing, Legal, Engineering, People Operations, etc.) to ensure we are bridging gaps to clients’ needs and bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Identify and evaluate key strategic trends, opportunities, and risks with focus on how we can drive effectiveness across the Supply team and broader group
- Discover growth options into specific initiatives and obtain agreement from suppliers with focus on adding value to our travelers and suppliers. This may include differentiated distribution agreements, white labels, expanded partnership, etc.
- Negotiate and contract with transport suppliers on favorable terms to increase value to our clients and travelers
- Analyze trends to discover opportunities for generating revenue to TripActions and to our suppliers and providing constant feedback on improvements
- Provide point of views on ongoing innovations in the corporate travel business, identifying and broadly implementing the best ways of working across the organization
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree, with advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years in the travel industry, distribution, account management or related industry
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with large global brands
- Demonstrated experience building and leading diverse global teams
- Thrives in a collaborative environment with team goals. This is a cross-functional role that must build and maintain ongoing communications and relationships with clients as well as several teams within TripActions
- Energized and comfortable with a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous, environment
- Ability to travel required