Senior Global Logistics Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As Senior Global Logistics Manager, you will drive operational improvements and lead the global warehouse operations teams outside of China. You will help us define the future of the Operations & Logistics function by overseeing teams that manage the daily relationship with 3PL warehousing partners, as well as driving many cross-functional projects such as purchasing activities, working with internal stakeholders including finance, engineering and business development teams. Develop bid specifications, identify and vet potential suppliers, negotiate contracts, prepare bid-recaps, and make sourcing recommendations backed by strong data analysis.
- Define and drive the global entry and logistics strategy focused on increasing operational efficiency and reducing costs.
- Lead the negotiation of major vendor contracts, carrier contracts and managing a team responsible for global warehouse operations, 3PL supplier identification and selection. Seek ways to drive additional value from our existing partnerships.
- Define and manage key metrics and performance indicators related to operations and logistics.
- Data analysis database e.g. SQL highly preferred.
- Lead preparation and regular communication of reports related to Operations and Logistics
- Stay abreast of external market trends that may affect the function and communicate actionable business insights.
- Project manage many strategic cross-functional projects.
- Maintain a high level of industry expertise and supplier/market conditions.
- Co-develop global commodity strategies and transportation blueprints with internal stakeholders to drive a comprehensive, simplified, and competitive logistics supplier strategy in support of product growth plans and expansions.
- Lead the collaboration with Legal in creating, negotiating, and editing optimal corporate transportation contracts and assure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate policies, regulations, and laws.
- Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering, or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Logistics experience and commercial contract negotiation expertise.
- 5+ years of related experience in vendor/carrier management in a Supply Chain or E-Commerce environment with experience in sustained cost reductions.
- Capable of creating written reports, proposals, processes, and project documentation.
- Knowledge of purchasing processes (SOP's, RFP/RFQ/RFI's, PO's, Gap Analysis, etc.).
- Excellent negotiation, organization, analytical, and communication skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver high quality results.
- Must be familiar with cross-border business (international or global operations) providing logistics solutions.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of INCOTERMS and familiarity with customs, tax, and duty requirements for international shipping.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.