Senior IT Operations Specialist at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking a Sr. IT Operations Specialist to help keep pace with the needs of a growing company. In this role, you will be an essential point of escalation from our IT Support team and find yourself with a wide range of complex problem-solving opportunities. You will leverage your past experience to bring immediate value, perspective and technical know-how to meet new challenges everyday.
As a close collaborator with the IT Support team, your role is heavily weighted to solve the unplanned work that regularly lands at IT’s proverbial doorstep. When you are not playing the part of a professional firefighter, you will be supporting other IT Operation & Engineering team members with project initiatives, process improvement, and change management workflows.
You are a team player with a strong commitment to customer service, you enjoy technology, and have an aptitude for problem-solving.
- This role is the primary point of escalation for our IT Support team. The nature of our organization has IT supporting a wide range of complex unplanned work; your role is to facilitate and implement that work.
- You will support a wide range of inbound requests and facilitate technical conversations with end-users and cross-functional partners to meet their needs.
- Support the daily administration of our cloud services: G Suite, Okta, Atlassian Cloud, Slack, etc.
- Identify areas within Service Desk that can be improved and collaborate with IT Engineering to implement proposed solutions.
- Partner and build relationships with teams across the company. The collaborative nature of this role cannot be understated.
- Assist with building provisioning/de-provisioning workflows (e.g., user accounts, group membership, service access, etc).
- Assist IT Engineering with continual service improvement, our implementations, evolving and scaling a global workforce.
- Support/cover for team members (above and below) through vacations or other periods of absence
- 8+ years of progressive experience and responsibility
- A “Full-Stack IT” background, including OS troubleshooting, core network fundamentals, IT governance, and a deep understanding of Okta or a similar directory/identity services, both from a conceptual and technical perspective.
- SaaS wizardry, we expect the wide range skill set to manage the standard suite of corporate services like G Suite, Okta, Office 365, Slack, Atlassian Cloud, PagerDuty, Zoom, Meraki, Zendesk, Asana, Github Enterprise, LastPass, etc. You understand the building blocks and how changes in one system can impact another.
- Ability to converse in business and IT terminology to collaborate with cross-functional teams and translate between both areas and turn business goals into technical requirements. You can turn a conversation from what is being asked of you, to what is it they are really trying to accomplish.
- Demonstrated experience overhauling SaaS applications or multi-phased product rollouts
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with limited guidance and shifting priorities.
What We Can Expect From You:
- You provide insights, best practices and bring with you actionable items on day one
- You are resourceful with an ability to find solutions to new problems through research, testing, discovery, r/sysadmins, etc.
- You are an excellent communicator who can build trusted relationships with peers and our employees. You are a technical implementer with the necessary soft skills to navigate novel requests.
- You balance competing priorities and are just as comfortable working alone or within a team.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service and empathy, reinforcing IT’s well earned reputation of approachable experts.
- Mentor your IT support team members
- Certifications for the administration of Okta, Atlassian Cloud, G Suite, etc
- You have leadership experience, as a team lead, as a manager of a smaller IT shop, etc.
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup environment