Senior IT Support Engineer
We are currently seeking a Sr IT Support Specialist to join our team. As a Sr IT Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance to computer system users.
What you'll do:
- Assisting with the administration of internal software tools (e.g., Okta, Slack, JIRA, G-Suite, etc.)
- Manage and configure mobile device management in our platform-agnostic environment (Mac, Windows, Chrome, Linux)
- Own and drive IT projects and deliverables for the team
- Reviews and evaluates information technology systems operations.
- This role may require occasional 24/7 on call support.
- Experience with voice and data telecommunications systems.
- Experience with remote access technologies for support and office connectivity.
- Ability to set up and operate a variety of computer equipment.
- Ability to work efficiently, in an organized manner and with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively regarding technical matters, both verbally and in writing.
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience required.
- 5 plus years’ experience.
- Experience with an electronic helpdesk system.
- Advanced knowledge of basic PC components.
- A seasoned IT professional with experience providing IT support to a diversified employee based (Engineering, Finance, Marketing, HR) with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Support technology service, software, and hardware requests
- Resolve complex tech support requests
- Conduct root cause analyses, identify appropriate solutions, and implement them
- Document and train team on IT subject matter expertise
- Support and continuously improve on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Collaborate on team, department, and company-wide IT-owned initiatives
- Enjoy working in a customer-focused, technical environment
- Experience working with MacOS, iOS, and SaaS services and tools
- Ability to communicate problem-solving related questions and directions in a clear and accessible way
- Prioritize a variety of tasks and service requests in a dynamically changing environment
- Flexibility in understanding prioritization and escalation
- At least a year managing or leading projects
- 5 years of front-line IT support experience
- A variety of MacOS integrated hardware and IoT devices
- Mac management tools such as JAMF Pro
- Working in a fast-paced customer service and/or help desk environment
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description