Senior Manager, Finance Strategy at Unity Technologies
The Finance Strategy team at Unity identifies, evaluates and supports the execution of initiatives impacting the long-term trajectory of the company. These projects focus on what moves the needle for the company, including top-line growth, market expansion, and internal operational initiatives. The team plays a crucial role in helping tell Unity’s financial and strategic story to the executive team, board of directors and investors.
On a day-to-day basis, this role will structure strategy assessments and presentations, create economic models, build a structured understanding of Unity’s revenue / customer engagement models, P&L growth and profitability levers on a qualitative and quantitative basis and will help to organize and coordinate the implementation of strategic initiatives. This role will have frequent interactions with the CFO, VP of Investor Relations, VP of Finance and other business leaders across the company.
- Be a primary contributor in Unity’s consolidated long-term strategic planning processes, the underlying financial models, systems and KPI dashboards
- Work closely with the Investor Relations and Business Intelligence teams to model various trends over the long-term, using a variety of sensitivity assumptions
- Partner with key stakeholders to analyze the return on investment for strategic initiatives
- Maintain a solid understanding of all key initiatives across Unity
- Collaborate with teams across the company to provide analytical rigor and evaluate the financial implications of strategic initiatives
- Drive proactive assessments of market trends, competitors and business trends and provide actionable insights
- Lead high-profile strategic projects and ad hoc initiatives, working in direct partnership with senior business leaders throughout the company
- MBA business degree required; relevant experience in Corporate Strategy, Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting, Business Operations, or Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Deep understanding of financial concepts and drivers of long-term value within SaaS and gaming companies
- Ability to distil, create and tell a story using various data elements, trends and KPIs
- Ability to translate business strategy into operational priorities
- Demonstrated experience in delivering key growth initiatives, including conception, research, and business modeling in order to drive consensus
- Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions
- Experience in building trusting relationships and influencing others
- Collaborative team player as well as an independent thinker
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
- Passion for technology, startups, learning new things
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn basic SQL or database syntax
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.