Senior Manager, Merchandising Operations at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Senior Manager, Merchandising Operations will be responsible for leading a team of people responsible for all merchandising activity across Wish. This includes identifying, building and deploying seasonal and event-based merchandising and marketing activities, promotions and collections of products across the Wish platform. Your work is highly visible, impactful and strategic to Wish. This position reports to the Director of Business Development.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of people that runs all merchandising activity across Wish.
- Be responsible for identifying, building and deploying seasonal and event based merchandising promotions and collections of products. Be able to perform these activities yourself as well.
- Regularly assess the performance of your team against objective and subjective criteria, motivating and training them to excel and develop additional relevant skills
- Responsible for forecasting expected benefits of merchandising efforts (ex: promotional activities), measuring performance against forecast and building a plan of action with insights.
- Manage daily merchandising tasks consisting of merchant (and their products) performance against goals, category sales trends, and optimization projects
- Develop and implement the visual strategy for displaying products across Wish. Understand UI/UX impact on sales, merchant satisfaction, merchant quality, churn and category impacts
- Merchant recommendations. You will be analyzing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to see which products are generating the most revenue and which products are selling less than projected. You will use this data to adjust merchant and product offerings accordingly via direct changes on the site and/or merchant recommendations
- You are fluent on our key merchant products/categories and are regularly analyzing what would drive high performance sales amongst a target audience
- Regularly build and present plans and project ideas to leadership
- Demonstrate and expect accountability and high performance
- Show strong competency in delivering results, deep dives, and ownership
- Identify, capture and communicate merchandising pain points with leadership
- 8+ years of experience in relevant internet/ecommerce/tech industry
- 5+ years of relevant management experience within the merchandising function
- Experience with ecommerce and merchant/vendor relationships required
- Understands UI/UX and the visual aesthetic; can work cross-functionally with design and copy teams
- Strong personal presence, demonstrated in a partner/customer facing role; cross border experience a significant plus
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and relentlessly resourceful
- Excellent project roadmap, timeline, and deadline management
- Excellent operational skills and delivery ethic with ability to focus on the job at hand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.