DoorDash is looking for a Merchant Services Strategy & Operations Senior Manager to define and execute strategic initiatives that enhance the experience merchants have on our platform. You’ll work cross-functionally between our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to build a delightful experience for our merchants.
Our Merchant Services team lies at the heart and soul of DoorDash, ensuring that we set all of our merchants up for success by providing a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience. As DoorDash grows both in scale and breadth of offering, the strength of our merchant services engine must grow with it.About the Role
As our Merchant Services Strategy & Operations Senior Manager, you’ll discover and drive performance improvements across the Merchant Services organization and build the foundation for it to scale. This will include building and executing playbooks to scale the quantity and quality of the merchant services we offer, strategic initiatives to enhance productivity, process redesign, product roadmap and launches and resource allocation. This role sits at the intersection of our revenue generation engine and our business teams, and as such will require ruthless prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure our team is working against the right goals and has the tools needed to achieve them.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Devise initiatives against the overall Merchant Services strategy of building a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience that delights merchants
- Operate – Execute initiatives across process, product and people to move the numbers
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run process improvement tests
- Analyze – Build models / process flows to evaluate quantitative and qualitative business cases for process improvement opportunities
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering and business operations teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
- You have 7+ years of experience in strategy and operations or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup experience is preferred
- You have a proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, managing external vendor relationships and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- You have an excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL is a plus
- You have expert communication and interpersonal skills
- You're an owner- You are excited to have your name next to impactful projects and aggressive quarterly KPIs
- You're entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You're naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You're gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You're relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You're a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.