Senior Manager, Policy & Training Governance at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Compliance Policy and Training Governance Team executes and oversees the enterprise-wide document governance function and the compliance training and awareness program. The Senior Manager of the Compliance Policy and Training Group will lead the Team and is responsible for the development and continued improvement of the Team and the oversight and execution of the Team’s responsibilities, which are described below.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
Policy and Compliance Documentation Governance
- Maintain the enterprise-wide document governance framework and policy, which sets global standards for the adoption and maintenance of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Enforce adherence to the document governance framework and policy through the following activities:
- Periodic reviews of policies, procedures and guidelines to confirm that they conform to the framework and policy.
- Track completion of mandatory policy reviews and updates.
- Escalate violations of the framework/policy to the Enterprise Risk Management Working Group.
- Maintain the central repositories of policies, procedures and guidelines and ensure that they are the “golden source” for all such documents in effect at Coinbase.
- Provide advice to owners of policies, procedures and guidelines on developing, modifying or retiring policies, procedures or guidelines.
- Provide advice on policies, procedures and guidelines for new products/business lines in collaboration with the subject matter experts.
- Provide advice on policies, procedures and guidelines for new or changed regulatory obligations in collaboration with the subject matter experts.
- Develop and oversee production of periodic reporting on policy activity
- Provide training and/or awareness materials (as needed) regarding the document governance framework.
- Review processes and recommend areas of improvements.
Compliance Training and Awareness
- Develop an annual enterprise-wide Compliance training plan, working with the Compliance teams.
- Develop and maintain enterprise-wide policies, processes, standards, and documentation for Compliance training and awareness. activities.
- Support the development of Compliance training modules in collaboration with Compliance and business teams.
- Works with the Learning & Development Team to maintain Compliance training content on the Coinbase LMS.
- Develop training assessment mechanisms to determine training effectiveness and identify enhancements.
- Develop and maintain a program to monitor compliance with training policy.
- Support development of training modules for new products/business lines in collaboration with the Compliance and business teams.
- Develop and produce periodic reporting on training activity
- Develop and execute an awareness program to disseminate information concerning Compliance-related developments.
- Provide training and/or awareness materials (as needed) regarding the training policy, processes, and guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory activities and industry developments to identify trends and emerging issues that may have an impact on Coinbase and the Compliance Training and Policy Management Group.
- Review processes and recommend areas of improvements
Regulatory Compliance Support
- Support other regulatory compliance work, as needed, including:
- Compliance risk assessments
- Developing risks and controls
- Maintaining / modifying use cases in Archer GRC
- Reporting on Regulatory Compliance topics.
- Support other regulatory compliance work, as needed, including:
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Experience managing a team responsible for compliance training
- Experience managing a team responsible for compliance policy governance and oversight
- Experience developing training needs assessments and training plans
- Experience working with Compliance Risk Assessments
- Experience developing and producing metrics and reporting
- Expertise with laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies for financial services
- Significant experience with or previous exposure to internal control functions and financial services regulators
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, and organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; and to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Flexibility to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary
- Ability to act conclusively and run multiple projects simultaneously
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload and exercise excellent judgment, analytical rigour and commercial pragmatism. Must be able to provide crisp and practical compliance advice across a broad range of matters
- Highly driven and proactive - keen to create process and structure and strive for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment, subject to regulatory scrutiny and operating excellence
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.