Senior Manager of Service Capacity Planning and Forecasting at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As we’ve grown, our need for more in-depth analysis and attention to our workforce management has become essential to scaling our organization. We are growing at an incredible pace, and our support structure will continue to expand.
The primary responsibility of this MS Team Role will be to consolidate projection inputs from those cross-functional partners and work with our state-side and nearshore teams to build precise models that forecast our support needs. This person will work closely with our Operations, Finance, Vendors, Training, and QA teams to gather the necessary information for making these projections and then be expected to deliver updated results to the management teams consistently. Scalability is a priority and providing precise and reliable staffing, volume, and growth projections are critical to keeping up with our growth.
- Accountable for global workforce forecasting and optimization
- Provide strategic recommendations for comprehensive service workforce planning (all workforces in all global sites) and cost reductions to the team based on financial and operational analysis
- Create a dashboard that drives weekly global workforce scheduling discussions to optimize workforce utilization;
- Define and build KPI/Dashboard to measure operational performance;
- Develop weekly service demand forecasting tool
- Develop strategic long-term workforce planning model
- Lead team system enhancements;
- Overall help team improve planning efficiency and accuracy
- Responsible for the analysis of past trends and historical data, forecasting future volumes, and creating weekly and monthly plans to allocate resources to maintain business service levels while considering operating costs
- Directs the development and implementation of all call center reporting needs to ensure goal achievement and identify areas for improvement.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports, variance analysis, and commentary as part of the normal operational reporting process.
- Monitors call center metrics (service levels, schedule adherence, after call time, talk time, hold times, abandon rate, ChatBot, and IVR usage) to develop forecasting of calls and staffing needs
- Provides reliable resource capacity, utilization, and forecast data.
- Forecasts long-term and short-term staffing needs by utilizing workforce technology to analyze trends
- Oversees generation and release of schedules; participate in the creation and implementation of new scheduling strategies to keep the business ahead of the curve
- Works closely with contact center leadership and other business partners to schedule training, reschedule staff, or reroute contacts between centers to match customer demand
- Creates mitigation plans for capacity risks or gaps by managing dependencies across multiple centers
- Develop strategic ideas to leverage technology to solve business challenges, including increased simplicity and flexibility, and to professionalize the role of our contact center agent with more agent-friendly scheduling practices
- Manages the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of site performance via established Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements
- Exhibits a continual improvement mindset and provides regular recommendations regarding the best workflow management practices
- Provides the optimal workforce and capacity planning solutions for the upcoming initiatives and new service/feature launches
- Be an actively engaged, proactive and agile member of the team in responding to ever-changing customer demands and operational needs
- 8+ years in Capacity planning, analytics, and forecasting
- 3+ years in workforce planning in a vendor and internal contact center environment (preferred)
- 2+ years accountable for global support center operations
- Offers demonstrated experience managing workforce forecasting scheduling optimization for a worldwide organization
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel & prior experience working with Workforce management tools
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally as needed (~20% travel time)
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.