Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead crypto and wallet operations within the Coinbase Treasury team. This role will report to the Director of Cash Management. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of treasury operations especially cash management, wallet and crypto operations, cash forecasting, liquidity management and investments. Ideally, this person will have experience supporting product launches in the crypto space or must be able to quickly learn about new crypto currencies and crypto product initiatives like staking. The right candidate will be responsible for defining and building world class automated processes that support Coinbase’s internal crypto operations and broader platform treasury activities.
You will also be expected to have the ability to efficiently execute tasks, balance competing priorities, show attention to details and provide data driven insights that help drive funding decisions for the crypto focused entities.
As a Senior Manager, you will be expected to have knowledge and full understanding of treasury systems, cash and process flows, and be able to identify risks and implement mitigation strategies and controls to address them. We are looking for a candidate who will be a thought leader on treasury, risk management and control issues as we seek to promote efficiency and scale. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers a career development opportunity for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work with the Crypto Product and Eng teams to determine appropriate wallet setup and digital assets flows.
- Manage digital assets flows between hot and cold wallets. Transition assets from digital asset rewards program from self hosted wallets to Cloud wallets (hot or cold).
- Forecast liquidity and inventory needs for crypto operations especially maintaining adequate reserves for payment of gas fees.
- Establish a process in collaboration with Product and Engineering teams to understand the reserve needs of each network that the team onboards while formalizing a plan to liquidate any excess digital assets.
- Work with the Director of Cash Management to hire, develop and mentor skilled Treasury Analysts to maintain top talent in every seat.
- Develop, update and monitor Treasury operational policies; establish and manage ICFR compliance and controls for Treasury operations and support internal and external audit requirements.
- Setup cash and liquidity management operations for cryptocurrencies and stablecoins.
- Implement best practices and automation of key treasury processes; work with key stakeholders in instituting process improvements
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to forecast cash needs and implement guardrails on each bank account to reduce insufficient cash incidents; reduce idle cash by placing excess cash into approved investment assets.
- Identify and maintain strong working relationships with key internal business partners and ensure partnership to achieve corporate objectives.
- Establish processes to track and report on key treasury operating metrics.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline. Advanced degree in a related area preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of progressive corporate treasury experience, including leading a Cash Management function at a crypto or fintech or publicly traded company. Ability to interact, influence and build relationships at all levels of seniority and across all functions within an organization.
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation, and efficient execution skills.
- Must be a self-starter, have attention to detail, take ownership of initiatives (large and small), possess strong prioritization and organization skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have highly effective verbal, written, and presentation skills to articulate ideas and plans clearly, accurately, and effectively with all levels of internal and external audiences.
- Efficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets and other Microsoft/G-Suite product.
Nice to haves:
- MBA , CTP or other professional designation like CFA.
- Experience leading a treasury operations team at a major technology or Fintech company.
- Experience with crypto or wallet operations.
- Experience and general interest in the crypto currency and blockchain space.
- Experience using data visualization tools like Looker and/or Tableau.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.