Senior Wireless Firmware Engineer at Cisco Meraki
The Meraki engineering team is made up of world-class engineers with a passion for building great products that help simplify an industry wrought with complexity. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work across our stack developing software that spans from device drivers and routing code all the way up to our distributed, cloud-hosted backend.
In this role, we are looking for someone to help us expand and refine the capabilities of our wireless access points beyond simply Wifi. As the world becomes more connected the need to support and simplify that connectivity grows. As a senior wireless feature engineer, you will be tasked with architecting and implementing systems that help establish Meraki APs as viable and fully capable IoT gateways. You will work with variety of sensors including, but not limited to environmental and security sensors, thermostats, door locks and more. With millions of Meraki APs deployed worldwide, this is an unrivaled opportunity to create something that could have immediate and significant impact throughout the world.Example projects for a Wireless Features Engineer:
- Developing an onboard software-defined radio to allow communicating over various protocols
- Crafting and implementing a secure and efficient authentication mechanism to allow safe and easy client connections
- Integrating drivers to add support for established protocols and systems
- Establishing a reporting system that is simple and intuitive and gives customers good insight into their network and clients
- Are fluent in C and C++
- Have 4+ years of experience writing professional production code
- Have experience working with one or more wireless protocols (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, 802.15.4 or GSM/CDMA/5G)
- Have working knowledge of core network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP)
- Experience working with and writing concurrent programs
- Understanding of OS fundamentals and experience working in both kernel space and user space
- Have effective interpersonal skills and a strong ability to collaborate with others
- Are proactive and willing to learn new things and tackle new challenges
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications)
- Scripting skills in Ruby or Python
- Deep understanding of wireless protocols and network security fundamentals
- Experience working with version control, specifically Git
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.