Sr. Manager, Business Operations at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
The Business Operations Senior Manager will work directly with our centralized Business Operations team and a large cross-functional team spanning across Expansion, Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Partnerships, Fulfillment, and Finance to drive high visibility strategic initiatives and assist with company-wide strategy, planning, and operations. You will have high visibility with leadership and get exposure to strategic business questions we are looking to solve.
What you’ll do:
- Own strategic initiatives that enable Alto to reach our growth, profitability, and best-in-class customer service goals
- Partner with and support business owners across functions to work on top priority strategic projects - from new growth initiatives and business models, to increasing operational efficiencies, to improving the patient experience
- Drive quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform actionable insights and recommendations
- Efficiently and effectively communicate insights and recommendations to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project managing
- Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics for the Alto business and functions you support
- Evaluate and prioritize new business opportunities, analyze risks, and synthesize findings into succinct insights
- Design scalable systems and organizational structures to support Alto’s rapid growth
- Manage the company-wide strategy & planning responsibilities, including the annual/quarterly OKR process & ensuring company-wide goals are appropriately cascaded throughout the organization
- Program manage operational improvement projects that will support growth, increase efficiencies, and reduce risk
What you’ll need:
- 6-8+ years of experience at a top-tier company in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or business operations at a fast-growing company. MBA preferred.
- Data-driven. You know how to gather the right facts and proof points to build a business case for a decision, but you focus on what is most important. You can break down business issues to identify data needs, gather inputs, and drive to insights and recommendations. You are proficient with data analysis tools, including Excel, Google Sheets, etc. SQL and Looker are preferred
- Ability to execute. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while focused on execution and results
- Ability to operate “full stack”. You can ask and answer your own questions (and pull the necessary data to do so), visualize that data in high signal-to-noise ways that make key insights clear and compelling to executive audiences, and create project structure, execution plans, and momentum for yourself and those around you to drive swift action from those insights
- Comfort with ambiguity. You’re able to lead others from ambiguity to clarity
- Excellent communication skills. You are pithy and able to clearly socialize ideas to employees at all levels
- Ability to influence without authority. You can help influence the direction of the organization
- Relationship builder. You build strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners and senior executives to deliver outcomes
- Entrepreneurial. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and innovative organization, with the ability to shift priorities quickly, and maintain organization and control
Nice to haves:
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience in a hyper-growth environment
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level and want to be part of Alto’s success
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.