Sr. Manager, Operational Excellence (Logistics) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to open up online shopping to people across the globe who were previously left out of the e-commerce experience. To enable this differentiated experience, Wish is investing heavily to create a cost effective and fast global delivery network.
We are looking for a proven leader who will help the team responsible for driving operational excellence in Wish Logistics. This individual will be innovative, process driven, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and at times ambiguous environment.
Who we are: The Wish Logistics team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting delivery partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective delivery cycle. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute strategic insights on operational design and improvements. Assist in driving enhancements to the operations
- Manage and procure a versatile and committed group of carriers that serve as a competitive advantage to deliver high performance at low costs
- Innovate in Wish’s Last Mile space to drive down carrier spend and improve customer experience
- Identify areas for improvement and drive enhancements within Wish’s transportation process as it relates to final mile delivery
- Work on a very collaborative team with access to senior members of the operations organization
- Drive metrics to measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. This will be done through the use of both systematic and manually developed solutions
- Drive cross-functional alignment on customer and operational priorities
- Strategically plan to enable our team to proactively respond to the dynamics of our network, customers, and operations
- 5 years in logistics, carrier management, or supply chain / operations at leading companies or 3-5 years in consulting firms
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done
- A strong leader with an ability to ideate and innovate
- Plan, structure, and manage complex analyses concurrently to develop key insights and deliver performance enhancement pursuant to Wish Logistics goals
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- Extremely organized, meticulous, detailed oriented
- Able to manage various competing initiatives and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated history as a team builder and coach
- Able to manage projects and communicate effectively
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.