Sr. Manager, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join the Wish Global Procurement Team. In this role, you will lead strategic sourcing initiatives across the entire breadth of indirect spend categories for an extremely fast-growing eCommerce company. This role you will report to the Head of Global Procurement and will be part of the Finance organization. You will partner closely with the Head of various functions in building category strategies to lower the cost, mitigate future risk, enablement speed to business, and drive innovation through the supply base. This is an exciting time to be part of Wish and join the Global Procurement team in its early days to help influence and shape the future construct of this function. We are looking for a self-starter who feels comfortable to be an individual contributor in the early days and well experienced to lead major teams within the Procurement organization.
This role will be responsible for the management of Third Party/Vendor relationships, including the development of sourcing strategies, contract evaluation and negotiation, as well as ongoing Vendor management through the development of service deliverables, SLAs and operational KPIs. This position will interface with every level of the organization through effective supplier negotiations and management.
Responsibilities will include planning and vendor selection (including RFI’s & RFP’s, Reverse Auctions), risk assessment, pricing and contract negotiations, managing due diligence, and quarterly/annual business reviews. The role will also focus on collaborating with various business leaders to develop and execute category plans and sourcing strategies that minimize vendor risk while optimizing vendor economics and outcomes.
What You'll Do:
- Develop purchasing strategy and plans in close coordination with internal stakeholders across the company
- Identification and realization of cost-reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality
- Negotiate price and commercial terms and conditions with suppliers for all major purchases of goods and services.
- Continuous learning and development of knowledge and understand of procurement methods, service categories, and general business conditions to drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Lead scheduled sourcing initiatives driven by category plans at the same time be responsible for day to day operations to ensure on-going contracts are renewed on time
- Development of financial analytics to support commercial term negotiations with performance dashboards and ROI based evaluation tools.
- Identify and lead process and system implementation projects within the Source to Contract and Contract to Pay lifecycle
- Provide training and day-to-day support on procurement systems, policy and processes for business units and/or corporate staff involved in purchasing activities.
- Adhere to, and monitor compliance within company purchasing policy and procedures and transact all business with the highest standards of integrity, ethics and professional conduct.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience in third party vendor management/global procurement
- Bachelor’s Degree. MBA is a plus
- Contract Licensing, renewal, and maintenance experience
- Experience in large contract negotiations across multiple categories including but not limited to Hardware, Software, Professional Services, Marketing, Supply Chain, Facilities, HR and other shared Services
- Financial case analysis and development
- Senior or Expert level experience in an operational business
- Experience in strategic thinking and conceptual design of complex projects & programs
- Solid knowledge in procurement solutions (Coupa preferred)
- Strong customer interaction skills and experience
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description