Sr. Manager, US Markets at DoorDash
We’re looking for someone to own the growth strategy and planning for DoorDash in the US. In this role, you will play a lead role in defining the strategy, collaborating with the Strategy & Operations teams, as well as our internal performance marketing channel leads, and owning the outcomes to drive growth for our largest market. You’ll lead the planning for multi-million dollar monthly budgets in a high-impact, highly-visible strategic role.
You’re into the details, the numbers, and the information that leads to incrementally smarter decisions. You have a working knowledge of the direct-to-consumer marketing world, and may have worked for a tech brand previously. Growth models, retention curves, and capital allocation are your bread and butter. This role requires you to be comfortable wearing many hats; thinking like a CFO, data-wrangling like an intelligence analyst, and communicating like a Jedi master. Besides these skills, you’re excited to get to work every day, excel when your sleeves are rolled up, and perform best when challenged.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the marketing investment strategy and growth plan in the US for the consumer side of the business.
- Provide domain expertise and insights to our central performance marketing channel teams, allowing for better decision making
- Manage, forecast, reconcile, and plan how to allocate a multi-million dollar monthly budget across all paid growth activities
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to ensure and build best-in-class solutions that
- Work closely with analytics to measure the effectiveness of paid growth initiatives and devise measurement plans for high-risk, but high-impact marketing programs
- Build processes to quickly identify shifts in performance and communication plans to channel owners in the US
- Partner with finance leads in the US to define the growth strategy in line with financial plans
- Dirty your hands with SQL, Tableau, Sheets, Excel, and a host of other data manipulation and BI tools
- Routinely discuss plans with operations, financial and marketing leaders
- 6+ years of experience in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role; US marketing, strategy or operations
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimize campaigns, drive decision-making, and measure outcomes
- Experience managing, or deep understanding of, paid customer acquisition channels with an eye towards discrete, measurable targets (marginal CPA, CAC, LTV, etc)
- Comfort and experience with quantitative marketing analytics, budgeting, forecasting, scenario planning, and test-and-learn methodologies
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Relentless focus on improvement
- Experience in managing large consumer marketplaces
- Interest and passion in on-demand logistics
- Quirky interests - we think different, we act different, we are different; that’s how we win
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.