Strategy & Operations Manager, Supply at DoorDash
Strategy & Operations Managers at DoorDash are the leaders of our core business. As the people directly responsible for the development, growth, efficiency, and quality of our markets, finding the right people for this role is not easy. Strategy & Ops Managers must be talented, thoughtful, and determined. They must have a natural aptitude for blending creativity and analytics to create new solutions to complex logistical problems, the capacity to lead and influence teams, and the operational skills to get stuff done. Think this is you? Read on…
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Create and execute the strategy for the supply side of the business. Making sure we have Dashers on the road, where we need them, when we need them, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of several Dasher acquisition, incentive, engagement, and retention programs and experiments
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to improve the Dasher experience and exceed the market goals
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- Problem solver – You can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Leadership experience, preferably having managed a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) ; SQL knowledge is a plus
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery platforms in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to improve how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.