Strategy & Operations Manager
DoorDash for Business is DoorDash’s corporate ordering platform. Whether its a catering meal for the entire company or a group order for a working lunch, DoorDash for Business pairs industry-leading restaurant selection with flexible products and services to provide a premier corporate ordering experience. In a typical day, a Strategy & Operations Manager may dive into data to explain business performance at the lowest level of detail, run and refine experiments to improve our existing services, build tools and operational processes that allow teams to 10x grow their work, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop our future product.What You’ll Do
- Engage - improve the way we onboard, work, and build relationships with our merchant partners.
- Optimize – implement scalable programs across and best practices across diverse teams to guarantee an outstanding operation.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of multiple programs and experiments.
- Collaborate – Work with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to guide strategic projects and harness opportunities.
- Growth minded – You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a plan
- Accountable - You want to manage the outcome and help improve our most essential growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- 3 - 6 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a fast-paced, team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets); SQL knowledge is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.