Support Engineer at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 10, 2020
The Nylas APIs make it an order of magnitude easier for companies to add email, calendar, and contacts integrations to their apps. We wrap old protocols, unify all providers, and index TBs of data. We save customers months of dev time and unlock the richness of email data. By being at the core of business to business communication, scheduling, and contacts, we believe we can accelerate the productivity of work. We believe in making the best place to work, and value our inclusive culture and diverse team.
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, diligent, and results-driven individual to join our customer support team. Hundreds of businesses rely on the Nylas Cloud APIs to power their products, and your role will be critical in ensuring their sustained growth and success. You'll work with startup leaders and top technical talent within our industry to help them build robust applications using Nylas APIs.
You will work alongside Nylas engineers to help triage and resolve issues that impact reliability and speed of our product. You’ll also help recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues and implement processes and automations that fix them. Your deep technical understanding of our infrastructure will allow you to onboard new customers onto our platform and help existing ones quickly resolve issues.
You should have strong technical aptitude, experience providing empathetic customer-facing support, and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Help customers solve technical problems and answer questions about product capabilities
- Lead customer conversations as a technical expert, where your knowledge and expertise of the Nylas Cloud APIs will allow you to guide implementation and onboard customers
- Manage customer support tickets and provide regular updates to open tickets
- Develop customer-facing documentation and integration guides
- Collaborate closely with various teams including engineering (provide feedback, file and fix bugs), go-to-market (respond quickly to high priority issues, talk to prospects), and product (provide roadmap feedback)
- Develop technical messaging and platform architecture documentation describing the Nylas Cloud APIs
You'll be great for this role if
- You've provided product support over email, on the phone, or in person (preferably for SaaS)
- You have demonstrated experience working on technical issues, troubleshooting bugs, and communicating with engineers
- You've written and debugged code (especially Python, Ruby, or NodeJS)
- You've worked with logging tools
- You've used APIs to build applications and/or query data
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You are detail-oriented and have great verbal and written communication skills
- You have deep empathy towards technical and non-technical users and thrive on making customers feel empowered
- You’re curious and comfortable with new technologies and you love learning new tools
- BONUS POINTS if you have experience working with major communications provider APIs (email, phone, text, etc.)
The Values That Guide The Nylas Customer Success Team
- Empathy - We care about our users and want them to be successful using Nylas
- Alignment - We foster collaboration across all teams at Nylas in order to deliver new solutions and ensure the ongoing reliability of our existing products.
- Curiosity - We understand how customers are using Nylas APIs and what we can do to ease adoption, implementation, and use.
- Gratitude - For every customer who reaches out with feedback there are often many others who don't. The time our customers take to reach out to us about a bug or a product improvement is a gift.
- Promptness- We aim to provide prompt and thorough answers to all users and reduce information asymmetry.
- Proactivity - Customer support at Nylas isn't just about being responsive to tickets. Time out of the queue working on other projects is an important part of improving the customer and company experience.
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
We focus on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
Read Full Job Description