Technical Marketing Engineer- MS Meraki Switch at Cisco Meraki
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a driven Technical Marketing Engineer to support product management activities for our fastest growing product line, the cloud-managed switch (https://meraki.cisco.com/products/switches).
Meraki is changing the way the industry thinks about networking, and you will support the charge to continue driving this change. You will collaborate with forward-thinking engineers and customers to help ensure that we make the best product with consistently new and improved features. You will help make this product stand out in a growing $23 billion market.
You are exhilarated by technology and want to help build distinguished products. You enjoy working with some of the world's best engineers -- PhD types from MIT, Berkeley, Stanford -- and evangelizing their work to Fortune 500 customers. You want to help make products shine in the marketplace, outpacing and outperforming the competition.
As a critical member of the product team, your responsibilities include:
- Serving as the authority and key technical advisor for the product and its current and future capabilities
- Producing technical guides, standard methodologies documents, application notes, and configuration and installation content for internal and external use
- Working with Product Marketing to raise technical awareness of our products among our sales and channel teams
- Training Sales on efficiently positioning the product and features to seek customer issues
- Partnering with Sales Engineers on solving customer use cases through pre-sales engagement
- Preparing and presenting content to partners, customers, and executives
- Working with engineering teams through design, testing, and product launch; running beta and pilot programs
- Investigating technology trends and understanding market direction to evangelize adoption of new features that seek customer problems
- Working with ecosystem partners to validate inter-operation and successful solution development
- Tracking post-sales product feedback and quality by liaising with Support and Escalations teams
- Degree in CS, EE, or a related technical field
- 2-5 years of work experience with switching network technologies
- CWNA/CCNP/CCIE routing/switching/security or above certifications are highly desirable
- Experience in technical support, product testing, pre- sales engineering, or QA, is preferred
- Passion for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging disruptive technologies
- Strong user empathy with a deep desire to understand top customer problems
- Easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical folks
- Ambitious, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
- Love solving technical problems in creative ways
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.