Technical Support Specialist - BioInformatics at Invitae (Remote)
The Technical Support Specialist provides first level technical support on Invitae Somatic Oncology products from the Invitae office in Boulder, CO. This individual will escalate customer inquiries effectively, collect customer feedback and share this with internal teams to improve products. This individual will assist in coordinating activities for special programs as needed. Remote candidates will be considered for this position; however, training in Boulder, CO is required.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Triage and escalate technical support communications sent to Invitae, and document the communications.
- Resolve high level customer inquiries effectively.
- Escalate customer complaints internally via JIRA.
- Assist with the preparation of training and support collateral.
- Collect feedback and voice of the customer and share with internal teams to improve products.
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of Invitae software.
- Identify, characterize and report software bugs as well as feature request to Software Team via JIRA.
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM related to all technical inquiries from customers. Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues.
- Review, understanding, and compliance with Invitae HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- Interact with cross-functional groups to ensure Archer Analysis product success.
- Create custom dependency files (i.e. VCF, GTF, etc.) consumed by the Archer Analysis software.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must possess at least two years of relevant experience.
- This individual will be familiar with next generation DNA sequencing on Illumina or Ion Torrent platforms.
- This individual will be experienced in data analysis.
- Skills required include: technical support, technical training, customer communication.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google chrome browser/G-suite products.
- Understanding of NGS bioinformatics, ability to read/write bash and python is a plus.
- Ability to carefully analyze NGS data in a troubleshooting context.
- Positive external and internal relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Cancer Biology and molecular biology related research experience or knowledge is useful.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven Ability to adapt in a change-oriented environment.
- Driven to perform.
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction.
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Bachelors’ degree in Bioinformatics, Software, Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
- Orientation – Basic training.
- Standard Operating Procedures.
- On-Job-Training – As required.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $94,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.