Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is looking for an experienced Technical Trainer who has deep technical expertise as well as practical experiences in Life Sciences R&D. This person will develop and present materials for a wide variety of Benchling capabilities from technical product features, to configuration tools, integrations, our PosgreSQL Warehouse, and leveraging our APIs and our Developer Platform to extend Benchling solutions. Working with a cross functional team, the Technical Trainer will also develop an overall training roadmap that supports our internal and external needs.
- Develop and organize a scalable processes for the creation, maintenance, and communication of comprehensive technical training content, ensuring content is always up to date, clear, engaging, and well-organized
- Build curriculums and associated training materials to support our internal and external training programs (i.e. customers & partners)
- Develop and lead our partner training certification program by creating content and facilitating training sessions
- Partner with Benchling engineering and product management to understand our technical capabilities and develop content to enable technical audiences to understand how to best leverage our capabilities
- Proactively stay informed of changes to products and service offerings, and adjust training programs accordingly; become an expert on all Benchling’s core products, developer platform, APIs, configuration tools, and services
- Develop and manage a skillset assessment program for Benchling team members, and leverage the program to inform future learning plans for the organization
- Organize and assist in the development of a wider knowledge base and content repository (Learning Management/Knowledge System) that is easy to access and provides ongoing training support and communication
Scientific & Technical Knowledge
- Experience in working in solutions architecture and/or with developer platforms and implementing custom integrations that connect tools/software solutions, required
- Extremely comfortable in languages such as SQL, JSON, and Python
- In-depth knowledge of PostgreSQL data warehouses and data modeling
- Experience in leveraging API endpoints to extend software for complex scientific workflows
- BS or M.Sc. in bioinformatics, bioengineering or similar technically focused life science field, a plus
Software Implementations & Life Science Industry Experience
- Direct experience working with complex software in the life sciences R&D space
- 1-2 years experience with LIMS, ELN, or other link relevant scientific/informatics data management software
- Experience working with R&D solutions/consulting providers, a plus
Content Delivery & Design
- 1-2 years of hands-on training experience
- Experience in training coordination and project management with knowledge of building training processes
- Experience in content delivery for technical audiences
- Experience using multimedia tools, software and graphics applications to create compelling training solutions
- Demonstrates ability to work and gain exposure on problems exercising judgement
- Demonstrates productive influences over peers and team with ability to hold team’s accountability
- Flexible, able to successfully navigate through ambiguity
- Able to learn complex processes and technical tools quickly and thoroughly
- Exceptional organization and obsessive detail orientation
- Committed to a culture of continuous improvement, regularly seeking feedback about individual and departmental performance
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.