Technology Internal Controls Sr Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a newly public company, we are committed to building a world-class control environment equivalent to those of other highly regulated financial institutions. As we continue to build our program and scale, the Technology Internal Controls Senior Manager will partner extensively with the Finance, Engineering, Product, and Information Security teams in developing, implementing, and testing our controls.
What you'll do
- Support the Internal Controls team in the planning and execution of the company's Technology SOX program including performing risk assessments, leading walkthroughs and supervising tests of design and operational effectiveness
- Assess new products, systems, databases or changes to existing processes to identify financial and operational risks before launch and design solutions for effective compliance
- Participate in annual and ongoing SOX scoping to proactively identify and address changes to the systems, applications, and automated controls impacting financial reporting compliance
- Provide subject matter expertise to the engineering and business teams on technology control risk and compliance obligations
- Lead and develop solutions to address technology control gaps, process improvements or leading practices
- Coordinate SOX program testing of technology controls with co-sourced internal audit, external audit, control owners, managers and executive management
- Evaluate technology control deficiencies for impact and perform root cause analysis to determine appropriate management actions. Supervise management's remediation efforts to closure
- Lead benchmarking and other initiatives to improve controls, make processes more efficient, effective, and/or reduce cycle time for SOX Technology compliance
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting or Business Administration, or related field preferred)
- An appropriate certification in accounting, auditing or control program is preferred, including a CPA, CIA, CISA, PMP, CISSP and/or CIPM (any)
- 8+ years of relevant technology audit and SOX experience, technology industry experience preferred
- Adept at assessing sophisticated technology environments to identify potential IT, financial, operational, and compliance risks
- Experience with a home grown platform technology environment
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight/direction as well as part of multiple project teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, rapid-growth environment with multiple projects and tasks
- Possess high ethical standards, level of dedication and ability to cope with complexity and change
- Responsible, flexible and a highly motivated self-starter
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.