Vendor Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm aims to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. We need an exceptional program manager to scale operations, support our growing business and lead vendor operations and manage relationships! The ideal candidates will have solid understanding of customer care operations and collections processes, discernment and judgement with the ability to lead cross functional programs/projects, build new processes, drive continuous improvements and implement technology to support new businesses, vendors and partners.
This role requires a strong program manager with ability to work with the vendors and the customer operation team, should have a strong mentality for process improvement and analyzing business data and performance metrics and should be able to drive business outcomes. In addition, a strong candidate will need to be proficient in contact center management strategies.
What you'll do
- Manage a network of customer care providers; hold vendors accountable to Key Performance Indicators which include, but are not limited to: SLAs, compliance and contractual obligations.
- Participate in the end to end process of selecting and on-boarding new vendors, including design and roll out of RFP, vendor selection, contract negotiating, risk assessment and on-boarding of new vendors
- Develop a deep understanding of Affirm’s business and workforce strategies, and combine that knowledge with an understanding of industry standards to develop and deliver on Key Performance Indicators.
- Identify strategic improvement opportunities across our care network that go beyond industry standard methodologies.
- Periodic review of contractual terms with strategic outsourcing partners to identify contractual improvement areas.
- Drive cross-vendor change management and reengineering activities including implementing new processes, systems, tools/technologies, metrics and improved organizational alignment.
- Engage with internal customers and our business partners to deliver new and innovative customer care capabilities.
- Provide consultative support in regards to capacity planning, scheduling, & reporting (including trend analysis) and training/quality functions to drive decisions made in partnership with the WFM lead.
- Establish vendor communication and organizational change strategy that drives transparency and alignment.
What we look for
- At least 5+ years of equivalent experience
- Prior vendor or operations management experience, with expertise in evaluating performance of vendors, holding vendors accountable to SLAs, optimizing contracts through negotiations and resolving reliability/dependency issues with vendor networks. Experience managing vendors in financial services is helpful.
- Outsourcing partnership experience and knowledge of outsourcing landscape including legal, financial and technology components of outsourcing
- Program management, communication, partner management, negotiating and influencing experience with a track record of achieving engagement from cross-functional partners
- Prior project and process management (lean six sigma) experience helpful and/or IAOP certification is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of underlying consumer operations workflow & technology
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Excellent teammate who is highly self-motivated, organized, and enjoys learning new things
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is meaningful, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet targets and achieve desired results
- Travel up to 30%
Location - Remote Canada
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.