Vice President of Pharmacy at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
We are seeking an exceptional talent to develop the vision, strategy and support the complex practices delivered by our amazing Pharmacy team. You will collaborate with business leaders to crystallize our pharmacy operations and technology priorities. You will help design patient experiences to help us fulfill our mission. You will build deep partnerships with our leadership team and champion enthusiastic new ways to advance our patient experience. You will ensure a consistent, compliant, and reliable service of delight for our patients through continuous quality improvement of our operations and crisp execution of project roadmap. You will build and inspire a team to innovate the future of our pharmacy.
This role will be based in one of our three headquarters: San Francisco, CA, Denver, CO or Dallas, TX.
- You will develop our pharmacy operations strategy including national expansion and scaling
- You will attract, retain and mentor a talented team
- You will partner with internal teams to provide product, operations, and growth initiative feedback
- You will maintain and project manage new accreditations as we scale including but not limited to: VIPPS, URAC specialty and mail, ACHC
- You will help our team learn and grow through innovative continuing education initiatives
- You will partner with our people team in the development of coaching, learning, and career paths for Directors of Pharmacy, Pharmacists in Charge, and their respective staff
- You will manage and maintain compliance for Fulfillment Centers
- You will analyze and review pharmacy utilization and cost data for all lines of business; identify issues and determine ways to improve
- You will be responsible for the three to five year strategy and vision
- You will be responsible for Executive level oversight of PBM relationships as well as key vendors and continuously assess whether contract requirements and business needs are met
- You will adapt and drive implementation of new business opportunities
- You will offer executive oversight of medication therapy management and other clinical programs
- You will support and lead direct contracting
- You will support pharmacy policy creation, iteration with team, and implementation related to best pharmacy practices
- State Board of Pharmacy license required; Pharm. D., MBA preferred
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of pharmacy management experience with national scale/presence
- Expertise in a variety of Pharmacy/Healthcare topics, including: Specialty pharmacy, Medicare (e.g. Part D), Medicaid, HEDIS, and Accreditation (NCQA, URAC, ACHC)
- Experience scaling pharmacies across the United States
- Familiarity with Fulfillment Center compliance laws state by state
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.