VP, Community Manager - San Francisco, CA at JPMorgan Chase
Fully supporting our customers' success requires a commitment to support the community's success. That's why we are introducing a new Community Manager role within the Community and Business Development organization.
As a Community Manager, you will report to the Divisional Community & Business Development Manager in one of our five Consumer Banking Divisions. You will help support the broader team's focus to grow One Chase business opportunities within underserved communities and across diverse segments, and to create integrated, actionable financial health roadmaps to help our communities thrive.
You will be a liaison to build relationships and ensure financial education and product solutions are available to all within your assigned community. This role is based in the field and works across a cluster of branches to develop a community outreach and engagement program. You will be responsible for implementing a national community playbook to engage the community in a meaningful way and will own the planning, execution and reporting of events locally.
You will lead and coordinate a wide range of financial health initiatives in the community, while referring branch and cross line-of-business client and prospect opportunities. You will partner with the Branch Manager(s) to develop deep relationships within the community and have a thorough understanding of any complex interdependencies of bank branches in the communities they serve. You will also work closely with the local Corporate Responsibility representatives, along with members of our Business Banking, Home Lending, and Wealth Management teams to ensure your local community benefits from the full suite of resources JPMC has to offer. You will be an active member of the Market Leadership Team (MLT) providing weekly updates on events, success stories and opportunities in the community.
- Develop a community outreach and engagement program that builds community relationships with proven ability to make business development sales calls (70% external, 30% internal)
- Leverage national community playbook (i.e., activation plan) to engage the community in a meaningful way, and complimenting the curriculum with local programing and events to host in branches
- Build and manage the community engagement calendar, facilitate (and/or co-facilitate) regular financial health workshops, Chase Chats and community events in the branch
- Own execution of the events end to end from event outreach, in-branch awareness, customer and community enrollment
- Report results based on event surveys to inform national community teams on opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Branch Managers, Bankers and OneChase Partners on customer engagement, referrals from events and adoption of financial product solutions, and with Global Philanthropy to ensure a collaborative approach to events
- Act as a Culture Carrier and steward of inclusion in the branches by supporting employee development and BRG partnership
Required Qualifications, Skills and Capabilities
- Proven leadership experience with ability to influence across the firm and in the community, plus heavily organized and with both strong event coordination and project management skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, peers, partners and contacts
- Executive presence with strong presentation skills in small and large / public group settings
- Self-starter with a proactive approach, strong time management and prioritization skills and a passionate, authentic, and bold team player
- Strong analytical, strategic and independent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to discover needs and connects clients and business owners to the right resources
- Bilingual language preferred
Dodd Frank and SAFE Act
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMC's review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements.
In addition, this position will require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS, or to update your existing registration as necessary to grant access to and reflect your employment with JPMorgan Chase. Your continued employment in this position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon compliance with the SAFE Act, including successful registration immediately after your start date, and timely completion of annual renewal and required updates thereafter.
Any information obtained during the registration, update, and renewal processes or through NMLS notifications may impact your employment with the firm. Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by JPMorgan Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting. Further information about NMLS and registration requirements of registration can be found at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/SAFE/Pages/default.aspx
In addition to the NMLS/TILA screening requirements, this role will be required to comply with JPMC Employment and Engagement of Minors Standard. In accordance with this standard, an annual enhanced criminal screening will be required.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We're proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions - all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
We are here to help you manage your money with checking, savings and credit cards, combining the latest banking technology with comprehensive solutions to meet the financial needs of nearly half of U.S. households.